There are so many types of breakfast eaters. Those that can’t stand the thought of breakfast and therefore opt for their morning cup of joe, those that grab and go for the most convenient option (healthy or not), those that plan ahead and sit down to eat breakfast or pack something for on the go. I’m definitely the latter. I love when things are quick, easy, and healthy that power me through my morning. It’s also very important that it keeps me satisfied until lunch. Because I have morning workouts I don’t want to succumb to my ravenous hangry monster that may unleash if I don’t fuel my body properly. Therefore, I have my go-to breakfast options that are easy, healthy and delicious.
Chocolate Protein Oats. This is pretty hearty so I mainly use this for post workout. This is guaranteed to keep you full for hours. I keep my ingredients at work and mix it together as soon as I get into the office.
- Ingredients include: 1 pkt plain whole grain oats, 1 scoop plant warrior chocolate protein powder, ½ cup water, ½ cup unsweetened or plain almond milk or coconut milk. Top with a drizzle of almond butter, bananas, or berries of your choice. I mix up the toppings to keep it interesting:)
- Avocado Toast.
- Ingredients include: 1 slice whole grain bread, ¼ avocado smashed on top, sprinkle with hemp seeds. Add some scrambled egg whites if you are at home and need more protein or hard boiled eggs for on the go.
- Smoothie parfait. This is a spin on a smoothie because I enjoy eating my food rather than drinking. Some mornings I will drink a protein shake but there are days when I just need to eat food.
- Ingredients: ½ frozen banana, ½ frozen blueberries, 1 cup almond milk, ½ scoop plant protein powder, 1 tbsp almond butter, 2 tbsp granola
- Yogurt Parfait: plain 0% greek yogurt topped with fruit of your choice. Sometimes I’ll go berries and sometimes I’ll just throw whatever fruit I see on top. Sprinkle a little granola and you are set.
- Overnight Coconut Oats: Prepare 1/3 cup plain whole grain oats, 2/3 cup milk, 2 tsp chia, 1 tbsp agave or honey, ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp hemp seeds, 1 tsp maca powder. Mix together and let sit overnight in the refrigerator. Throw it in your bag in the morning and you are set! *I’ll also add vanilla protein powder instead of the hemp seeds to substitute flavor and add more protein.
- Nut Butter Toast
- 1 slice whole grain bread topped with 1 tbsp almond/cashew or peanut butter, ½ sliced banana, pinch of cinnamon and drizzle of honey. You can also substitute the banana for some toasted coconut and its delicious!
- Crispy Apple Slice (also a great snack midday!)
- 2-3 apple slices cut horizontally, 1-2 tbsp nut butter, ¼ cup granola to sprinkle on top